As a Beaumont doctor, you are invited to participate in our Physician Referral and Information Service. Through this service, Beaumont refers patients to you based on their unique needs such as specialty needed, insurance, location and other criteria. The service is available to all doctors with attending, associate or ambulatory privileges at one of our three hospitals. Criteria for joining the referral service are as follows:
- Physicians must have associate, attending, ambulatory or institutional privileges at a Beaumont Hospital.
- Physicians cannot be employed by other hospitals, or serve in an administrative, academic or leadership role at another hospital. In addition, the physician’s practice cannot be owned, leased or operated by another hospital.
- Physicians must be able to see new patients within 7-10 days.
- Physicians must be listed in the specialty in which they are credentialed at Beaumont.
- Physicians must review and update their profile annually and/or as requested by Beaumont, or as significant changes occur [e.g. insurance participation, office locations, office phone numbers]
- Physicians must not have offices located in other hospitals' medical buildings or on their campuses to be eligible for the Physician Referral Service. (NOTE: If the doctor has other offices in the community, the doctor can participate in the referral service, and patients will be referred to these independent offices.)
- Physicians cannot be featured in other hospitals' advertising campaigns in any medium. If a doctor is an active member of the Physician Referral Service and then featured in an ad campaign for a competing hospital, they will be removed from the service for six months, at which time they may re-apply for membership.
- Physicians must include Beaumont among their hospital affiliations, if listed on their website or on other collateral materials.
- Physicians must agree to schedule their first appointment for new patients through a three-way conference call with the patient, the referral representative and the physician’s office staff, in accordance with the patient’s request.
Applying for the Physician Referral Service
- Doctors must be able to see new patients within 10 days of the patient’s phone call or they will be removed from the service.
- Complaints from patients or scheduling problems will be followed up on with the office and/or medical chief.
Discontinuation of the Physician Referral Service
- If you no longer wish to receive patient referrals or are no longer able to see new patients in a timely basis, you can call to be removed from the service at 248-577-6260.
- If going on a medical leave or extended vacation, you can also be removed from the referral service by calling 248-577-6260.
- Medical Administration has the right to remove a doctor from the service at any time.
- Doctors who change their level of privileges and no longer meet the criteria will be removed from the service.
All doctors participating in the referral service are encouraged to have their photo taken for placement on their web page. For an example of a physician web page, visit our Find a Doctor online tool. All doctors on staff receive a biographical web page regardless of whether or not they are part of the referral service. Be sure to attend one of our upcoming photo sessions to have your picture included.